DataSight, Corp.This is the feature description, where you can go into more detail about the item mentioned here.
What is LIDAR?
- LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging), is a remote sensing method that uses light in the form of a pulsed laser to measure ranges. The data is then used to produce 3D models of the object scanned
- Object as small as a penny and as large as several thousand acres can be scanned using LIDAR.
- Scanning produces hundreds of thousands to millions of points per second, an enormous amount of data in a very short period of time
Problem: LIDAR produces BIG DATA
- LIDAR Data is Too Big
Aerial LIDAR surveys collect massive amounts of data which most companies are not prepared to deal with. Improvements in sensor technology will only compound this issue.
- Conventional Software is Inadequate
Commonly used software is unable to draw meaningful information from raw LIDAR data
- Current LIDAR Data Processing is Slow
Deliverables must be in time to make informed decisions while the project is still in motion. Otherwise, it won't have it's intended impact.
- LIDAR Alternatives Are Expensive
Antiquated measurement solutions in place today result in billions of dollars in cost overruns and the ensuing litigation battles.
Solution: Breakline Builder
- Compression: Breaklines are much more compact and CAD friendly than point cloud data.
- Speed: A typical 100 acres project can be returned to you in an hour or so using Datasight's proprietary software... Breakline Builder.
- Cost: Using Breakline Builder costs a small fraction of typical breakline extraction, and less than half the cost of off-shore processing.
- Quality: Our system has been rigorously tested to produce more accurate and complete data than any other system.