To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
DataSight, Inc. is seeking a Power/Utility sales lead to join our national utility operations. DataSight is seeking an energetic, accomplished sales & business development professional with demonstrated success in selling services and/or technology to utilities. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing DataSight market share in existing and new electric, water, and natural gas utility accounts within a defined geographic market. Utilizing direct to market and Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating, managing and closing utility solution opportunities. This is a full-time, direct hire position with benefits.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating a territory sales plan; incorporating sales enablement of internal channel partners, targeted account plans, and field marketing strategy.
This person will play a key role in developing new business and managing key utility and unregulated energy accounts working directly with DataSight leadership to rapidly expand the division. This position will be responsible for implementing a structured sales plan aimed at generating new business, and to build strong, trust-based relationships with customer decision makers.
- Identify new business opportunities for utility solutions with current and prospective utility clients in order to drive pipeline growth
- Work is reviewed for technical compliance and conformity with local/state agency regulations and standards
- Collaborate internally with other DataSight utility centric business units and regional offices, with an external focus to maximize existing client opportunities and develop new clients
- Collaborate with business development managers, business line leads, project managers, and proposal production staff on client proposals, RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Utilize CRM for forecasting opportunities, contact management, sales notes, and campaign follow up
- Identify and align DataSight capabilities to current market trends, informing offering creation and iteration. Develop and maintain high level of solution competency.
- Identify opportunities by working with existing technology partners ESRI, OSIsoft, Oracle and others.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Attend and participate in professional associations. Strive for leadership role in select professional associations.
- Build relationships with clients at highest possible corporate level.
- Lead annual marketing and sales planning process for region.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Execute assigned reporting – forecasting, expense, activity, etc.
- Minimum 8-10 years related professional experience in marketing and business development/sales with at least 5 years of utility industry specific experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Must have expert knowledge in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- CRM experience required
- Demonstrated solution selling capability inclusive of services and technology
- Understand the core functions and business models of utility clients
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team selling environment
- Must be proactive and organized
- Must be a creative problem solver
Job Business Development/Sales
Primary Location Western US Based
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
DataSight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. DataSight is a background screening, drug-free workplace.